Dear Students and Parents,
Course selection is a critical step in the academic process. Hatboro-Horsham High School believes that accepting responsibility for all of your decisions is an integral part of the educational and learning process. Therefore, we believe that high school students must learn to be responsible for all decisions concerning course selection. We also ask them to consult with their teachers, counselors, and parents in order to make wise decisions regarding their educational planning. When a schedule is developed, it has far-reaching impact on a number of academic decisions. The allocation of staff, whether or not a course will officially be offered, and resources, are all derived from projected course enrollment done during scheduling. For this reason, you will be held responsible for all decisions regarding your choice of courses. No student/parent initiated schedule changes will be permitted after the 1st day of April, 2011. Course selection should be done slowly, thoughtfully and carefully after realistic self-evaluation and considerable dialogue between the student and his/her parents/guardians.
Dennis M. Williams, Jr.
COURSE SELECTION PROCESS
· Course selection materials will be available in mid Januaryo Course selection materials will be distributed to students onMonday, January 10, 2011
§ Go to Site Shortcuts on the left hand side· Use your Course Selection worksheet to get teacher signatures as required. Signatures are required for changing a phase (Academic to CP, CP to Honors, etc.) and for courses with an * (asterisk).
· Counselor's Corner on Thursday, January 20, 2011 from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm will deal with scheduling for Grades 9th through 11th.
· Attend the High School Open House for Curriculum on February 3, 2011.
o Format: All departments will have displays and teachers will be available to answer questions about the courses you selected. Students and families are welcome to stop by between
6:30 and 8:00 PM.
· TURN IN YOUR COURSE SELECTION WORKSHEET to your counselor or homeroom teacher on or before Monday, February 7, 2011
· Your guidance counselor will contact you for a meeting to review your credits and your Course Selection worksheet, select appropriate courses for next year, and register online.· Last day for changing a course request is Friday, April 1, 2011. After April 1st you may request a change through the Student Success Center, but that request will only be considered in August, and only if there is still room available in the course you are requesting.