The Bridges in Mathematics Family Information Night presentation recording made on Monday October 11 is available in the "Curriculum Review Guide, Reports, and Presentations" tab on the menu options for this page.
The English Language Arts Curriculum Review Committee Report presented to the school board curriculum committee on October 12, 2021 is available in the "Curriculum Review Guide, Reports, and Presentations" tab on the menu options for this page.
Hatboro-Horsham School District
Office of Curriculum
Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment, and Professional Development
The Hatboro-Horsham Office of Curriculum oversees development and ongoing improvement in four areas of our schools:
- Educational Programs: We guide teachers through the design and review of our planned courses of instruction, encouraging connections between subjects for students, making sure that our classes meet expected standards, and helping to select materials for courses.
- Instruction: We work with teachers and administrators to ensure that how we teach students reflects the best practices of the teaching profession, and to make sure that the delivery of our planned courses matches their design.
- Assessment: We encourage the use of district-wide common assessments as a way of measuring the effectiveness of our programs for our students and we help with the design, implementation, scoring, and analysis of these. We also help teachers use assessments to plan or revise instruction.
- Professional Development: We assist in the scheduling and design of activities to provide ongoing learning and improvement for our teachers as they work to meet the needs of all students.
Job Responsibilities for Curriculum Office Team 2021-22
David Weber, Ed.D. – Director of Curriculum
- District Metrics and Data Compilation and Analysis
- Curriculum Committee
- HHEF Liaison
- Jarrett Nature Center
- District Assessment Coordination and Support
- K-12 Math / Math Curriculum Review Facilitator
- K-12 Music and Instrumentals
- K-12 FCS
- Equity Cadre Coordination
Brea D'Angelo, Ed.D. - Supervisor of Curriculum
- ELA Secondary / ELA review
- Virtual Program District Level Leadership
- Curriculum Software and Applications
- Educational Technology Liaison
- K-12 Science
- K-12 BCIT & STEM
- Library Sciences
- K-12 World Languages
- Induction coordination
- Student Teacher Coordination
- HHEF Girls STEAM Coordinator
Ryan Thomas, Ed.D. – Supervisor of Curriculum
- ELA Elementary / ELA Review
- Social studies K-12 / SS review
- Title I Math and Reading
- K-12 Art/industrial arts
- K-12 PE/Health
- District Professional Development Facilitation