The Hatboro-Horsham School District Food Service Department will be implementing a provision known as the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) for the 21-22 School Year. Under this provision, all enrolled students in the Hatboro-Horsham School District will receive free meals regardless of their household size and income. No further action is needed to take advantage of this benefit.
This district strongly encourages families to fill out the Free/Reduced Application if applicable. There are many additional benefits to this program:
- School Funding- Increased school funding supports all students and ensures many educational programs
- Internet and Technology- HHSD can receive funding increases for internet access, wireless and network services
- College Application Fees- discounted fees for college applications
- Access to grants- data gathered from meal applications allows HHSD to access competitive local, state, and federal grants
- SAT, ACT, and AP fees- discounted fees on academic tests and exams
- P-EBT Benefit Program- this new federally funded program provides families enrolled in the Free/Reduced Meal Program with money for food in the form of an EBT card. This card can be used in all EBT participating stores
It is our mission to provide students with affordable, healthy meals as well as the resources they need to understand and adopt a healthy lifestyle both inside and outside of school. Our vision is to model and practice good nutrition in school so our students understand the value of making healthy food choices. As a partner with both the national School Nutrition Association and the School Nutrition Association of Pennsylvania, the HHSD Food Service Department promotes high standards of practice, program integrity, member recognition, program resources, and professional development for its staff.
The Hatboro-Horsham School District operates under the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program. We provide our students with healthy meals every day at a reasonable cost. Thanks to the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act, major improvements have been made across the country to transform school meals, promote good nutrition and reduce childhood obesity. For more information visit the National School Lunch Program website