Ski and Snowboard Club
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
The Keith Valley Ski and Snowboard Club is a popular, supervised, after-school activity, that takes four trips to Bear Creek Mountain through the winter. The club is open to Keith Valley students of all grade levels. Skiers and boarders of all skill levels are welcome! Members are required to purchase at least a four voucher pass and attend all trips.
This year the trip dates are:
Tuesday, January 14
Thursday, January 23
Tuesday, January 28
Thursday, February 6
Cost of the program:
Bear Creek Ski Pass (registration link below)
$146 4 Lift/Equip/Helmet
$90 4 Lift Only
$32 Beginner/Refresher Lesson
$125 Transportation (payable to KVMS)
$15 Long sleeve Club shirt (optional, separate
payment to KVMS)
*Bear Creek is also offering a six session package. Purchasing six sessions is an option, however, Keith Valley is only offering bus transportion for the four trips listed above.
Daily schedule for these outings:
7:00 – 8:00am – equipment drop-off in auditorium
2:15pm – report to auditorium
2:30pm – depart KV on a quiet ride to Bear Creek so students can
complete school work (for organization and accountability,
students will be assigned to buses by grade)
4:00pm – arrival at Bear Creek
6:00pm – ski lesson (recommended for first timers/refresher)
8:40pm – students return equipment (if necessary) and return to
9:00pm – depart from Bear Creek
10:15pm – arrival at KV (Be sure to sign up to Remind to receive up to
the minute updates. (Remind directions)
- Signed permission slips, online registration, and all accompanying waiver/medical forms, as well as the full cost are DUE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18th.
- All registration materials must be complete and submitted together with the required payment. There are only a limited number of seats available on the buses for these trips. Space is filled based on when a student submits the required registration and payment.
- Forms should be turned into Mrs. King (rm 112) or Mrs. Bardsley (8th grade office) by Friday, October 18th.
- Payment for transportation can be made by cash or check made payable to “KVMS”.
- There are NO TRANSPORTATION REFUNDS unless the trip is cancelled by the advisors.
- Buses are available for KV students only.
- If you are planning on picking your child up at the mountain, we request 24 hour notice in writing. You may email us at email@example.com
- Remember to pack warm clothing, such as: ski pants, coat, thermals, turtlenecks, socks, hats, gloves, scarves, face masks, and extra layers. It is best to pack these items in a gym style type bag with a zipper.
- All skiers and snow boarders are required to wear a helmet.
- You should bring money to purchase dinner or you may pack your own food/snacks/beverages.
- Lockers, which require quarters to open, are available at the lodges for safe storage of personal items.
We are looking forward to a great year of skiing and snowboarding! We appreciate your support of our club and will make every effort to provide a safe and rewarding experience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Julie Bardsley, Tia Kentopp, Wendy King
Ski Club Contact Information
Ski Club Advisor
Ski Club Advisor
Ski Club Advisor