School Based Medical Access

  • If you are the parent or guardian of a student with an IEP who is under the age of 21 and has a learning, speech, physical, or mental health disability you are eligible to apply for medical assistance for that child regardless of parental income.  Some basic rules follow:

    • A child can qualify for Medical Assistance even if they have other health insurance
    • The income/assets of the parents/guardians does not count in determining eligibility for Medical Assistance if the child's condition meets certain disability standards. Parent/ guardian income still must be verified
    • If you need assistance, you can ask for help at the County Assistance Office or contact Randee Feldman, the ACCESS Coordinator for Hatboro-Horsham School District.
    • Your question may be answered on our NEW FAQ page. Please click below to access the document.


PA Children's Health Insurance Program

  • PA Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP): CHIP has expanded to cover all uninsured children and teens in Pennsylvania who are not eligible for or enrolled in Medical Assistance. CHIP may cover doctor's visits, immunizations, emergency care, prescriptions, and dental and eye care, in addition to other services. There are no income limits; CHIP may be provided free of charge or at a low cost.  For more information visit or call 1-800-986-KIDS.  Information regarding CHIP is available at your neighborhood school nursing office.

Additional Access Files

School Access Coordinator Contact Information