Athletic Team Tryout Checklist
1. Contact the coach of your team you wish to tryout for. Check the team webpage for contact information and additional information. Also attend the team informational meeting. Individual team information can be found on the team site.
2. Complete all your PIAA Physcial requirments online. Follow this link for more details: https://pa50000097.schoolwires.net/Page/1762
If a student is playing in a second or third sport in the same school year, the student will need to submit a Section 8 form each time before trying out for/playing a new sport. If the student was injured during the previous season and didn't finish the season or the student was injured after the season and was treated by a physician, the student will also need to submit a Section 9 form. Section 9 forms are completed by a physician. Forms can be found in the same tab along with the physical forms. These forms should also be submitted a week before the start of tryouts.
2022-2023 School Year
Fall - Football heat acclimatization and Golf - August 1, 2022
All other fall sports - August 8, 2022
Winter - November 11, 2022 (Extended to November 17th at NOON)
Spring - February 27, 2023
3. Make sure you complete the ImPact test (if your sport requires.) Check with the Athletic Trainer for details.
Click on the ImPact Testing tab on the left for more information.
4. Attend the first day of tryouts. Check with your coach for information. Do not schedule vacations during preseason tryouts and the season. You will lose your ability to tryout.
5. If you played a sport in the same SCHOOL year, then you will need to submit a Section 8 form before beginning a new sport. If the athlete ended the season injured or was injured after the season then they will need to fill out a Section 9 form as well. These forms can also be found under the same physical forms tab to the left.