Adult Lap & Fitness
Only During School Year Does This Program Run
This swim is open to the public and will be held each week, except on days when the school is closed for vacation or emergency closing. No pre-registration is required. Participants must be older than 14 years of age. Fitness swimming lanes will be provided. Adult lap and fitness swims will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:30-9:00 and Friday evenings from 8:00-9:00. Swimmers will be asked to circle swim when more than two people are in a lane.
Daily Fee: Adult- $3.00, Student- $2.00
Lap Swim Etiquette and Circle Swimming
When the pool is busy, swim lanes will be shared
· Enter the water feet first from the shallow end.
· It is the responsibility of the swimmer entering the water to make sure the lane is clear of any other swimmers.
· If there are swimmers approaching the wall as you prepare to enter, wait until they have turned and started their next lap before entering the water so as not to interrupt their progress.
· Swimmers are required to follow the circle swim pattern. The customary traffic pattern is to stay to the right; that is to swim in a counterclockwise circle in the lane.
· It is the responsibility of the swimmer entering the lane to be sure that all other swimmers in that lane are aware of his/her presence and the necessary traffic pattern.
· Always swim complete laps of the pool. Avoid stopping in the middle of the lane, this can interfere with the progress of other swimmers and cause collisions.
· Stop only at the wall and once stopped, stay in the corner of the lane, preferably in the left hand corner (from the perspective of the approach of the wall). Other lap swimmers need space to turn, always leave the middle 1/3 of the wall clear for the turning process.
· Slower swimmers must yield to faster swimmers.
· Be aware of your space in the lane and orientation of others. If you are approaching the wall and another lab swimmer is gaining on you and swimming at a faster rate than you are, pause at the all to allow the faster swimmer(s) to pass.
· Be courteous of drafting. Provide adequate distance between you and the swimmer ahead of you.
· Pass on the left hand side. If you are the slower swimmer and being overtaken at the turn, stop, and wait until the other swimmer has pushed off the wall.
· A pass must be initiated in time to over-take the slower swimmer before the wall.