Health Care Plans
FOR ATTENDANCE IN ALL GRADES, children need the following:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis* (1 dose on or after the 4thbirthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella**
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chicken pox) or evidence of immunity
* Usually given as DTP or DTaP or DT or Td
**Usually given as MMR
FOR ATTENDANCE IN 7th through 12th GRADE, children need the following:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) if 5 years have elapsed since last tetanus immunization
- 2 doses of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- First dose is given 11-15 years of age; a second dose is required at age 16 or entry into 12th grade
- If the dose was given at 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
Physical Exam: Required for all school age children upon original entry into school, in 6th grade and again in 11th grade. This exam must be done by the first day of school.
Dental Exam: Required for all school age children upon original entry into school, in 3rd grade and again in 7th grade. This exam must be done by the first day of school.
***EXCLUSION FROM SCHOOL***
Your child will be excluded within the first 5 days of school, if immunizations are missing or given at incorrect intervals.
Any student entering the United States from a country considered to be a high risk for Tuberculosis according to the CDC is required to have PPD done before entering school at any grade level.
A PPD is also required for new employees of the district. If the employee is under the age of 18, they must have a permission slip signed by a parent/ guardian before testing can be done.