The School District of Hatboro-Horsham has developed the following procedures to comply with the Child Protective Legislation of 2014 and 2015.
Employee and Prospective Employee
Employees and Prospective Employees will have updated background checks every 60 months.
Employer initiates Employment History Verification and completion of “Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release” forms are obtained for any prospective employee prior to employment.
Long Term Substitutes and STS Aides will be required to submit all clearances and Employment History forms to STS. Human Resources will maintain copies on file. Human Resources are the only ones capable of looking up the FBI.
STS will ensure and certify in accordance with the contract that daily substitutes have current clearances and have employment history verification on file (ACT 168 forms).
Note: Employees are required to disclose arrest and/or convictions at anytime
Independent Contractors who are responsible for the care, supervision, guidance or control of children or routine interaction with children will have updated background checks every 60 months. The school district is required to maintain these records.
Employer initiates Employment History Verification and completion of “Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release” forms are obtained for any prospective employee prior to employment. The school district is not required to maintain these records.
Volunteers who are responsible for the care, supervision, guidance or control of children or routine interaction with children will have updated background checks every 60 months.
All current and perspective employees/Contractors
All current and perspective employees/Contractors who are responsible for the care, supervision, guidance or control of children or routine interaction with children will required to complete the ACT 268 Employment History Verification and completion of “Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release”
All current and perspective employees/Contractors
School Personnel Health Record and TB/Physical
In accordance with Board Policy # 314 In order to certify the fitness of administrative, professional and support employees to discharge efficiently the duties they will be performing and to protect the health of students and staff from the transmission of communicable diseases, physical examinations of all district employees shall be required prior to beginning employment.
The Board requires that all employees undergo a tuberculosis examination which may be provided by the district upon initial employment, in accordance with regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Health
Bus and Van Driver Applicants
For bus and van driver applicants: “Release of information form- 49 CFR Part 40 Drug and Alcohol Testing”
Student Teachers, Observations and Interns
The district will accept student teachers and interns from accredited institutions with which the district has a cooperative agreement approved by the Board.
Clearances, TB screening and appropriate documentation must be submitted per Board Policy.
All prospective employees will have current (within past 12 months of start date) clearances, including FBI, PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse.
Employees will be required to acquire updated clearances for employment every 60 months.
1. Copies of Clearances will be submitted to Human Resources Department, originals will be verified.
2. Employees will have access to their recorded dates in Keynet. Keystone will notify employee of due date via email.
3. Human Resources will maintain all records.
4. Extra-Curricular employees are not set up with district email so they will be notified of their clearance expiration by their Athletic Director’s office.
All prospective employees of vendors or Independent Contractors who are working with children will have current (within past 12 months of start date) clearances, including FBI, PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse.
- Vendors and contractors will be required to acquire updated clearances for employment every 60 months. Vendors will sign vendor agreement and will provide documentation to the hiring department. The school district is required to have valid clearances on file. This documentation is maintained in Human Resources. (Only HR can check FBI clearance)
- Independent Contractors will provide all information with new signed contract or every 60 months. This documentation is maintained in Human Resources.
- Any vendor or independent contractor who would like access to the district network and resources will provide all documentation to Human Resources, it will then be maintained in Accounts Payable.
- The Employing Department shall be responsible for securing the valid clearances and Act 168 forms for any Independent Contractor hired to work with children. Forms will be maintained in Accounts Payable.
New volunteers and current volunteers will be required to obtain clearances (Affidavit* or FBI, PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse).
- Current Volunteers will be required to obtain by July 1, 2016.
- Volunteer clearances are free of charge every 57 months.
- Volunteer clearances are not permitted to be used for employees, but employee clearances may be used for volunteers.
- Volunteers will complete online application, secure clearances.
- Volunteers will submit copies and HR will verify originals and take pictures.
- Records will be maintained in Keystone.
- Administrators will receive a weekly report of all volunteers eligible to work and which clearances are on file.
*Affidavit will not be acceptable for assignments that are overnight, coaching or with regular time alone with children, in those cases an FBI clearance is required.
This form is available on our Employment page and is required to be completed for your current employer, any schools which you worked or all employers where you worked with children.
This form is available on our employment page and is required to be completed.
This form should be completed prior to employment if possible.
Once completed this form is to be returned to Human Resources.
To be completed by the new employer, signed by the employee, and transmitted to the previous employer.
Please see our Curriculum page of our website for more information.
Students requesting observations or field experiences requiring more than one day or any form of interaction with our students must go through the Curriculum Office and provide their current clearances, dated within the year of placement, and TB screening results. Students must also provide a letter from their professor on the course requirements. Observations requiring only one day and teacher supervision will be allowed to use a school visitor badge and will be checked through our “Raptor” process which requires a valid Driver’s License.