Guidelines and Protocol
- Students can contact their guidance counselor or Heather Wong (HWong@Hatboro-Horsham.org) for a peer tutor.
- Upon request a link to the Peer Tutoring Request Form will be sent to the student. Complete the form.
- Once the Peer Tutoring Form has been completed, Ms. Wong will review the information and find a tutor for the student.
- Ms. Wong will also notify the Guidance Department that a request for peer tutoring has been made by a student.
- Depending on the need and availability, students will meet 1-3 times a week during HATS with their peer tutor in the LRC Room (Rm. B210B). At this point, these times and days are TBD.
- Requests for students and their peer tutors will be made by Ms. Wong through the HATS Portal. Students/tutors do not need to obtain a pass from Ms. Wong. If tutors do not receive a request via the HATS portal, you are not needed that day.
- Additional peer tutoring sessions outside of the scheduled LRC time can be arranged between students and their tutors. Naturally, these sessions will depend on tutor and student availability. Ms. Wong is more than willing to facilitate a conversation where students arrange for additional peer tutoring sessions. At this point, Ms. Wong is NOT available after-school to stay with peer tutors and students.
- On days when you are tutoring, please arrive promptly and with all necessary materials. Locker visits impede on tutoring time.
- If you are unable to attend a scheduled peer tutoring session, please notify Ms. Wong well in advance of the meeting. This will save you time and energy. You can notify Ms. Wong via email or in person.
- It is important to consistently attend scheduled tutoring sessions. This goes for both the tutor and the student being tutored.
- If you require assistance locating materials for tutoring, notify Ms. Wong prior to the tutoring session. Material requests can be submitted via email or in person.
- If you are putting together a college resume, peer tutoring can be placed on your resume.
- Keep track of your tutoring hours. Tutoring hours can count toward your community service requirements.
- Interested in being a peer tutor? Complete this Peer Tutor Interest Survey. Click on the link: