HORSHAM – Hatboro-Horsham High School will induct nine former athletes as well as the 1993-98 golf teams into the Athletic Wall of Fame this year.
The inductees include:
· Larry Biddle -- Athletic Director
· Dan Roatche (1968) -- Football
· Mike Herbert (1972) -- Football
· June Stambaugh (1982) -- Basketball, field hockey, lacrosse and softball
· Jeff Reed (1993) -- Swimming
· Brian Haupt (2000) -- Track and field, wrestling and football
· Duncan Swezey (2005) -- Lacrosse, football, basketball
· Caitlin Klaas (2005) -- Cross Country and track and field
· Mary Ann Wade (1998) -- Basketball
· 1993-1998 Hatter Golf Teams
Wall of Fame candidates are traditionally honored during a home football game in Hatters Stadium. Due to the construction taking place in that location this fall, the ceremony to honor these men and women will take place during a home basketball game. The date for that ceremony has yet to be determined.
Student athletes, athletic teams, coaches and special contributors or supporters are eligible to be nominated to the Athletic Wall of Fame. The nomination period for this year closed in August, and nominees were then designated by a Selection Committee made up of administrators, School Board members, community members, current and former coaches and teachers.
“We are proud to celebrate the achievements of these individuals, who contributed greatly in their time to the quality of the Hatboro-Horsham High School sports program,” said Principal Dennis Williams Jr. “Their dedication, talent and spirit have contributed to Hatboro-Horsham’s ability to win in a competitive athletic environment. We look forward to honoring their accomplishments later in the year.”
Hatboro-Horsham High School is located at 899 Horsham Road in Horsham.