Simmons Elementary was named after Dorothea Hughes Simmons, who donated the site of the current Limekiln-Simmons School on Limekiln Pike to the township. Mrs. Simmons life was spent in social welfare, which involved her in projects ranging from musical scholarships in Poland to aiding the American Farm School in Greece.
Limekiln-Simmons was first opened as Simmons Elementary School in 1932, with only four rooms. In 1954, offices and additional classrooms were added. In September of 1992 Simmons was relocated to its current address on Babylon Road. In September 1999 the original Simmons building was reopened for our kindergarten students, the CARE Program, and the Hatboro-Horsham Special Services Department and was renamed Limekiln-Simmons.