Influenza: How to Prevent Infection
There are everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses like influenza, including H1N1. Please see the home page of the Hatboro-Horsham School District's Web site for additional information.
Take these everyday steps to protect your health:
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
· Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
· If you get sick with influenza, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
For more information, please go to: